Apply your research skills to the work world. Learn about Arts Co-op.
Opportunities Within the Department
In 2016-17, the Arts Co-op Program and the UBC Department of History began a pilot for a History PhD Co-op Program.
Through Co-op, PhD students will build valuable skills and experience that will extend and enrich their career options in both academic and alternative workplaces.
The History PhD Co-op program gives students the opportunity to:
- Explore various career options and gain substantial experience to put on their resumes
- Enrich academic learning with workplace experience
- Develop their professional skills and network
- Apply to positions that require students to be in a co-op program (such as federal government jobs and some positions in the cultural industries)
- Finance their degrees with relevant, paid work